The Club has a duty of care to all users of the golf course. The topography of certain areas of the course is such that caution and prudence must be shown by the user of a ride on buggy. It is also necessary for the Club to provide adequately safe means of access for all golfers including those given permission to use buggies. Moreover, the Club has to ensure the safety of golfers who do not use buggies but who might be at risk from a mechanically defective ride on buggy or its careless use.
To assist the safe employment of ride on buggies all potential users shall comply with the following conditions:
- Ride on buggies on Wheatley Golf Club property are only for the use of members, visitors and guests who are disabled within the meaning of the Equality Legislation.
- Ride on buggies must be operated with the utmost courtesy, care and consideration for the safety and convenience of pedestrians. Pedestrians must be afforded the right of way at all times.
- The signs and instructions employed on the course to warn buggy drivers of potential danger areas or, areas forbidden to ride on buggies because of concerns about danger or, the potential to cause unacceptable wear and tear to the course, must be followed at all times.
- Ride on buggies must be operated and parked in such a manner that they do not impede or interfere with normal pedestrian flow.
- Ride on buggy operators will be responsible for the security of ignition keys for the period that the buggy is on the property owned by the Club. Ignition keys must be retuned to a member of the Professional Team.
- Wheatley Golf Club has no responsibility for ensuring the safe operation of ride on buggies (other than those operated by their staff), on or beyond the confines of the course and the club car park.
- No ride on buggy will be operated in excess of 15kmh/9mph.
- Ride on buggies shall be used only between dawn and dusk.
- The consumption of alcohol and/or the improper use of drugs is not permitted when using the ride on buggy.
- Riding as a passenger is prohibited.
- Any officer of the Club has the authority to immediately prohibit any individual found to be disregarding any of the above safety guidelines. Application for reinstatement of permission to use a ride on buggy must be made to the Club.